Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thing 4: An Online Magazine

I will admit I was not very enthusiastic about trying either of these apps.  When I want to organize and find my favorite online content, I use Pinterest, but I suppose that may be another "thing."  I downloaded the Zite app and chose a few topics, but I couldn't get any content to load.  After a few attempts, I gave up and tried Flipboard.  The app worked fine, and I chose a few topics and read a few articles.  I must say I liked the flipping action of the various articles on my phone, but I don't see myself finding it very useful. Nevertheless, at least now I know a bit about online personal magazines.
UPDATE 3/17/14:  I am starting to like Flipboard.  It it a good time-filler when waiting in line or waiting to pick up the kids.  Still like the flipping action:)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Connie,

    I just want to say that I love Flipboard! I didn't even know that it is a online magazine app. It just came installed on my new phone and I started using it because I liked the variety without having to "think" about what I wanted to search for. I use it for looking for stuff to read at night before I go to bed... which is funny now because I always wondered when I would become my mom, who would only ever read magazines before bed when we were younger. She used to say she didn't have time to commit to a read a whole book. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete