Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thing 2 of 23 Mobile Things

Tips and Tricks for my Moto X
Since this whole smart phone experience is new to me, I am pretty easily impressed by what my phone can do.  I am using a Motorola Moto X issued to me by my library.  I understand this phone is quite new to the market, but it uses an Android operating system, which many people (except me:) are already familiar with.  I found a good video on tips and tricks for the Moto X, and here is what I learned:

-One of the Moto X's best features is called Active Display, which means that some alerts still show up on the screen even when it is locked.
-My favorite feature is that when the phone is locked, you can open the camera function with a flick of the wrist - really!  Just twist your wrist two times quickly and your camera is ready to go.  A simple tap takes a picture, so they say you can take a picture in two seconds.  (Will have to test that.)
-The camera function has the ability to take a panoramic picture, which resulted in a lovely pic of my living room:)
-The Moto X has a touchless control option, which I have not yet explored. Apparently it involves "training" the phone to recognize my voice so that at any time I can say, "OK, google now...." and give it a command - give me directions to the nearest gas station.  Sounds cool.
-One other neat little thing is that at any time I can sweep up from the bottom and a google search box opens.

So I think I have a pretty cool phone, but as I said, I am easily impressed.  The Moto X seems to get some really good reviews, so I am excited to see what it can do for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment